Training in Contact Lenses
- At the completion of the training, the studentsshould be able to read the parameters of Soft spherical, soft toric and Spherical RGP contact lens. They should be able to train patients to us contact lenses and to providing necessary information on precautions, care and handling of lens.
The trainee should be able to understand in general
- Anatomy, physiology and topography of cornea.
- Measurement of corneal curvature.
- Refraction (objective and subjective).
- Contact lens- its types, properties, indications and contraindications.
- Optics of contact lens.
- Contact lens trial- Spherical soft CL, Soft Toric CL and RGP
- Contact lens fitting and training.
- After care, complications, management and follow-up.
Highlights of the course
• Highly qualified and skilled motivated mentors
• Access to various standard and recent books and videos in the library.
• Hands on practice
• Lectures by mentors
A minimum of certificate degree in health science or equivalent preferably in ophthalmology and experienced in performing refraction (retinoscopy, subjective refraction, objective refraction)
Starting Date: January, March, May, July, September & November of every year
Training Centers: Tilganga Institute of Ophthalmology
Accommodation will be provided for the selected candidates based on their request. Candidates posted in TIO can stay at TIO'S Trainees Apartment. Candidates selected for other centers, accommodation is available at hotel/hostels.
For TIO: Please click here to view the information about tariff and other details of the trainee’s hostel
- USD 20-30/day (for International candidates)
Lunch is served at the Canteen (local Nepalese menu) and trainees should prepare breakfast and dinner themselves. However, there are number of good restaurants located within walking distance. Mode of Payment
The intimation will be sent to the selected candidates by email / post. Candidates can pay the course fee through wire transfer. Once paid, fee is non-refundable for any reasons.
- Location: Tilganga Institute of Ophthalmology
- Number of Seats: 6 Per Year
- Course In-Charge: Krishna Gopal Shrestha
- Phone Number: +977-1-4493775
- Email: [email protected]
- Address: Kathmandu, Nepal
- Course Duration: 4-8 weeks
- Fee Structure: NPR. 30,000 (for Nepalese candidates) US $ 750 (For overseas candidates)
- Interested ? Apply Now