Equipment Maintenance Training
- General care of ophthalmic equipments & instruments
- Common maintenance tasks & techniques to handle ophthalmic equipments & instruments
- Developing procedures for keeping track of the entire maintenance process (care, maintenance and repair)
- Identifying components and knowing their characteristics
- Carrying out preventive maintenance
- Repairing the ophthalmic equipments and instruments
- Repairing the slit lamp
Highlights of the course
- Highly qualified and skilled motivated mentors
- Access to various standard and recent books in the library.
- Hands on practice
- Lectures by mentors
Qualified Biomedical Engineer, practicing technicians and paramedics
Accommodation will be provided for the selected candidates based on their request. Candidates posted in TIO can stay at TIO'S Trainees Apartment. Candidates selected for other centers, accommodation is available at hotel/hostels.
- For TIO: Please click here to view the information about tariff and other details of the trainee’s hostel
- USD 20-30/day (for International candidates)
Lunch is served at the Canteen (local Nepalese menu) and trainees should prepare breakfast and dinner themselves. However there are number of good restaurants located within walking distance.
Mode of Payment
The intimation will be sent to the selected candidates by email / post. Candidates can pay the course fee through wire transfer. Once paid, fee is non-refundable for any reasons.
Admission / How to apply
Applicants are requested to download the application forms from our website www.tilganga.org or you email on [email protected] and send the completed form by email.
- Location: Tilganga Institute of Ophthalmology
- Number of Seats: 1 Per month (Starting Date: 1st of every month
- Course In-Charge: Mr. Jitendra Yadav, Biomedical Engineer
- Phone Number: +977-1-4493775
- Email: [email protected]
- Address: Tilganga Institute of Ophthalmology Academic & Training Department Gaushala, Bagmatipul, Kathmandu, Nepal 44600
- Course Duration: 4 weeks
- Fee Structure: NPR. 20,000 (for Nepalese candidates) US $ 500 (For overseas candidates)