MD Ophthalmology Program
TIO's MD Residency Program in ophthalmology is coordinated with the National Academy of Medical Sciences (NAMS). It's a fully accredited three year program designed to provide intensive clinical training in an academic environment which encourages close interaction between residents and the faculty.
The objective of the program is to produce comprehensive and community oriented ophthalmologists with the ability to exercise sound clinical judgment in dealing with ophthalmic medical, surgical and optical problems.
Each year about 10 residents are accepted and are rotationally posted to various eye hospitals throughout Nepal.
Entry criteria for MD/MS/MDS program are as follows
- Candidates should have MBBS or equivalent degree recognized by the Nepal Medical Council. Candidates should have minimum one years of work experience in Government, University or other similar recognized hospitals after temporary registration with Medical Council.
- Candidates should achieve minimum 50% marks in the written MCQ type entrance examination.
- Selection of candidates is based on the basis of merit list.
- Candidates have to indicate their subjects of choice in the entrance form
Learning Strategies learning strategies covers different aspects of training, via:
a. Theory, including applied basic science classes,
b. Clinical approach and examination-of patients,
c. Skills/procedures, by hands on training, dummy manikin training
- Location: Tilganga Institute of Ophthalmology
- Address: Kathmandu, Nepal
- Course Duration: 3 Years
- Fee Structure: As Per NAMS Rule
- Interested ? Apply Now